I am a graduate student at MIT Aero/Astro in the Aerospace Controls Laboratory. My research interests lie in the field of control, autonomy, and optimization.
My current/previous research experiences include a multiagent trajectory planner, detumbling an under-actuated spacecraft with a single-axis magnetic actuator, quadcopter path-planning with an onboard EMPC controller, and the Q-Li satellite development.
- Funai Overseas Scholarship
- Funded two full years of tuition, living stipend, insurance costs, and travel for graduate studies
- The James H.M. Sprayregen Scholarship
- supported to attend Aerospace conferences in Florida, Japan, and Australia
- U.S. - Japan Council TOMODACHI Sumitomo Corporation Scholarship
- Endowed $18,000 based on academic achievement to study at University of Michigan
- International Society of Transport Aircraft Trading Foundation Scholarship
- Funded a one-year tuition senior year for academic excellence in aeronautics and aerospace engineering
Yamakawa Prize (President’s Award), Kyushu University
Awarded excellent academic record and acts for humanity, sociability, and internationally
- Dean’s Award (Top 2% freshman GPA), Kyushu University
Kondo, K., Kolmanovsky, I., Yoshimura, Y., Bando, M., Nagasaki, S., Hanada, T., “Nonlinear Model Predictive Detumbling of Small Satellites with a Single-axis Magnetic Actuator,” JGCD, Vol. 44, No. 6 (2021), pp. 1211-1218 doi: doi/abs/10.2514/1.G005877
- Kondo, K., Yoshimura, Y., Nagasaki, S., Hanada, T., “Pulse Width Modulation Method Applied to Nonlinear Model Predictive Control on an Under-actuated Small Satellite,” 2021 AIAA SciTech Forum, Nashville, US, 2021.
- Kondo, K., Yoshimura, Y., Bando M., Nagasaki, S., Hanada, T., “Model Predictive Approach for Detumbling an Underactuated Satellite” 2020 AIAA SciTech Forum, Florida, US, 2020.
- Kondo, K., Yoshimura, Y., Bando M., Nagasaki, S., Hanada, T.,“Detumbling with Model Predictive Control for an Underactuated Small Satellite,” AIAA Region VII – Australia/International Student Conference, Australia, 2019.
- Kondo, K., Yoshimura, Y., Bando M., Nagasaki, S., Hanada, T., “Detumbling of Small Satellites with a Single-Axis Magnetorquer” Proceedings of 63th Space Sciences and Technology Conference, Tokushima, Japan, 2019.